- 3 cups chicken stock
- 1 1/2 cups white long-grain rice
- 5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 4 (6-ounce) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups peeled almonds
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- Generous handful flat-leaf parsley
- 1 (9 ounce) package frozen artichoke hearts
- 4 piquillo peppers or 2 roasted red peppers, chopped
- 1/2 cup pitted Spanish green olives, chopped
- 1 large fresh thyme sprig, leaves only
- 1/3 cup dry sherry, eyeball it
- 2 tablespoons cold butter, cut into pieces
Bring stock to a boil, stir in rice and 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil. Cover and reduce heat to low. Cook 18 minutes. Heads up: after 12 to 13 minutes you will add in other ingredients.
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
Heat about 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil over low heat in a large skillet.
From the rounder, thicker side of the breast, cut into and across but not through the breast meat and butterfly the breast open. Season the chicken with salt and pepper on both sides. Pour flour, smoked paprika and salt and pepper onto a dish; beat eggs in a second dish with a splash of water. Grind nuts, bread crumbs and parsley in food processor to combine. The nuts should have the same consistency as the bread crumbs. Start the processor in pulses then turn on to combine. Pour nut mixture onto plate. Coat the chicken in flour, egg then nuts. Wash your hands.
Raise heat under the skillet to medium-medium high. When oil ripples, add the chicken and brown on both sides, and finish in the oven until deeply golden and cooked through.
Remove chicken to a platter and add sherry to the pan then stir in butter. Spoon pan sauce over chicken and serve with rice alongside.