Super Stuffed Baked Apples a la Mode
- 4 large McIntosh or Empire apples, cored
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup instant oatmeal mix or rolled oats
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg, a healthy grating
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 tablespoons butter, cut into pieces
- 2 ounces, 1/8 cup, golden raisins, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts or walnut pieces or pecans
- 1 pint Dulce de Leche (caramel) ice cream or caramel swirl ice cream
- Whipped cream, in a canister
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
Sprinkle cored apples with lemon juice. Mix next 7 ingredients and over-stuff apples. Bake 20 minutes in a small oven safe dish. Transfer apples to small bowls with a spoon and top with ice cream and whipped cream.
Recipe courtesy Rachael Ray