- 1 pound whole-wheat spaghetti
- 3 tablespoons high-temperature cooking oil, such as canola, sunflower, or peanut
- 3/4 pound flank steak, patted dry and thinly sliced on an angle
- Coarse black pepper
- 1 bunch scallions, cleaned and trimmed of root ends and rough tops, sliced on an angle
- 1 cup frozen shelled edamame, defrosted
- 2 inches fresh gingerroot, peeled and grated or finely chopped
- 3 to 4 garlic cloves, grated or chopped
- 1/3 cup teriyaki sauce
Bring a large pot of water to a boil, over medium heat. Salt the water, add the pasta and cook to al dente. Drain the pasta and put it into a serving bowl.
Heat the oil in a skillet or wok over high heat. Add the meat and stir-fry for a couple minutes. Add a liberal amount of coarse black pepper, the scallions, edamame, ginger, and garlic. Stir-fry for 2 minutes more and stir in the teriyaki sauce. Add the stir-fry to the noodles and toss. Serve.