Thai Cucumber and Radish Salad
- 1/2 cup rice wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons light oil, such as canola or safflower
- 1 pound daikon radish, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 English or seedless cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and very thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 20 fresh basil leaves
In the bottom of a medium bowl, combine vinegar, sugar, oil. Add daikon, cucumber, bell pepper, pepper flakes. Toss and combine. Cover and chill until ready to serve.
When ready to serve, tear basil into pieces and add to salad. Toss salad to incorporate basil and serve.
Recipe courtesy Rachael Ray