Veal and Avocado
- 1 ripe Hass avocado
- 1 wedge fresh lemon
- 2/3 pound veal scallops
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, 2 turns of the pan
- 1 tablespoon butter, cut into pieces
- 1/4 cup dry vermouth or white wine
- 3 to 4 tablespoons cream, 3 turns of the pan
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves, to garnish
- 2 tablespoons chopped or snipped chives, to garnish
Cut avocado in half all around and down to the pit. Twist the avocado to separate the halves. Hit the pit with your knife to pop it out. Scoop the avocado out of each half of skin with a large spoon. Slice the avocado and squeeze a little lemon juice on it to retard the browning. Reserve the avocado.
Season the scallops of veal with salt and pepper. Heat the extra-virgin olive oil and butter in a large skillet over medium to medium high heat. Add the veal and cook 2 minutes on each side. Remove the veal to a platter or individual plates. Add vermouth or wine to the pan and deglaze it, lifting up any color or veal bits. Add cream and stir it in. Turn off the heat and let cream bubble 1 minute. Arrange the avocado on the scallops of veal. Strap the meat and avocado with sauce and garnish with a generous sprinkle of chopped thyme or chives.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.