Red Peppers Stuffed with Corn and Fresh Mozzarella
- 2 red bell peppers, halved lengthwise
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 bunch scallions, including the firm greens, thinly sliced
- 2 1/2 to 3 cups kernels from 5 ears of corn
- 2 tomatoes, peeled, seeded, and diced
- 1 fresh mozzarella cheese, 4 to 5 ounces, finely diced, or 1 cup grated Cheddar or Monterey jack
- 2 tablespoons finely sliced basil leaves
- 2/3 cup fresh bread crumbs
- Salt and freshly milled pepper
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly butter a baking dish just large enough to hold the peppers.
If the red peppers won't stand upright, slice them lengthwise in half, leaving the stem end intact. Steam them for 5 minutes and set aside.
Melt the butter in a large skillet. Add the scallions, corn, and tomatoes and cook for 3 minutes over medium heat. Turn off the heat and stir in the cheese, basil, and half the bread crumbs. Season with salt and pepper. Fill the peppers and top with the remaining bread crumbs. Set them in a prepared dish, add a few tablespoons water to the dish, cover, and bake until the corn is hot and the peppers are cooked, about 25 minutes. Uncover and brown the tops under the broiler. Dust with paprika and serve.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.
More Recipes and Ideas:
A Stuffed Picnic: Tuna and Artichoke Stuffed Tomatoes, Red Pepper, Feta and Chick Pea Stuffed Zucchini, Nut and Brown Sugar Stuffed Macintosh Apples, Arugula, Red Pepper, and Sausage Stuffed Fillet of Beef, Gutsy Red Pepper Gazpacho, Parmesan Cheese, Garlic Chicken Recipes, Chicken Cordon Bleu Recipes, Christmas Dinner Recipes, Spanish Rice Recipes, Roasted Vegetable Recipes