Cajun Mashed Potatoes
- 5 pounds Yukon gold potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 2 sticks butter
- One 8-ounce package cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon Cajun Seasoning, recipe follows
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon seasoned salt, such as Lawry's
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Cajun Seasoning:
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons black pepper
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
Bring a large pot of water to a simmer and add the potatoes. Bring to a boil and cook until fork tender, 20 to 25 minutes.
Drain the potatoes in a large colander. Place them back into the dry pot and put the pot on the stove. Mash the potatoes over low heat, allowing all of the steam to escape.
Place the lid on the pan to keep the potatoes warm until you are ready to serve.Cajun Seasoning:
Combine the garlic powder, paprika, black pepper, salt and cayenne.
Recipe courtesy of Bobby Flay