Kid Friendly Pasta Salad
- 12 ounces fun-shaped pasta, such as radiator
- 8 slices thin bacon
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 4 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dash sugar, optional
- 10 ounces grape tomatoes (yellow and red), halved lengthwise
- 1/2 pound Cheddar, cut into small cubes
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- Ground black pepper
- 24 whole basil leaves, chiffonade
Cook the pasta according to the packet instructions. Then drain and rinse in cold water until cool. Set aside.
Cut the bacon into 1/2-inch pieces and throw into a large skillet. Saute until slightly crisp, and then remove to a paper-towel-lined-plate.
For the dressing, mix the mayonnaise, milk, vinegar, salt, and sugar if using in a small bowl.
Stir in the basil at the end.
2012 Ree Drummond, All Rights Reserved