Kid Friendly Pasta Salad
- 12 ounces fun-shaped pasta, such as radiator
- 8 slices thin bacon
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 4 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dash sugar, optional
- 10 ounces grape tomatoes (yellow and red), halved lengthwise
- 1/2 pound Cheddar, cut into small cubes
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- Ground black pepper
- 24 whole basil leaves, chiffonade
DirectionsWatch how to make this recipe.
Cook the pasta according to the packet instructions. Then drain and rinse in cold water until cool. Set aside.
Cut the bacon into 1/2-inch pieces and throw into a large skillet. Saute until slightly crisp, and then remove to a paper-towel-lined-plate.
For the dressing, mix the mayonnaise, milk, vinegar, salt, and sugar if using in a small bowl.
Stir in the basil at the end.
2012 Ree Drummond, All Rights Reserved