- 1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter (let stand at roomtemp)
- 3 eggs (let stand at room temp)
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons finely shredded lemon peel
- Butter baking spray
- Blueberries, coated with flour
- 3 to 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 stick unsalted butter (let stand at room temp)
- 1 stick cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- Lemon peel
- Sprig of fresh mint
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
For the batter: Mix the butter and eggs. In a medium bowl, mix the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt together. Mix the granulated sugar, milk and lemon peel together. Then mix the butter and eggs into the milk and sugar mixture. Mix the flour into the wet mixture and blend.
Place paper cups into a pan, spray with butter baking spray and fill each cup three-quarters full with batter. Drop the coated blueberries on top. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes.
For the frosting: Combine the powdered sugar, butter, cream cheese, lemon juice and zest together until light and fluffy. Pipe onto the cupcakes and decorate with lemon peel, blueberries and a mint leaf.