- 5 whole large red potatoes
- 1 stick butter, softened and cut into pieces
- 1 cup pepper jack cheese, grated
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 5 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 whole green onions, sliced, plus more for topping
- Salt (add plenty!)
- Freshly ground black pepper (ditto!)
- 3/4 cup French fried onions
Poke a few holes in the potatoes and nuke (or bake in a 400 degree F oven) until fork-tender. Add to a large bowl and smash with a potato smasher.
Immediately add the softened butter, cheese, sour cream, bacon and green onions, and stir with a rubber spatula. Add salt and pepper to taste. Add the French fried onions and fold in. Serve hot, sprinkling on extra green onions.
Yummy with grilled steak or chicken