Roasted Lemon Potatoes
- 2 pounds white boiling potatoes, peeled and cut into 3/4-inch cubes, or small red potatoes,
- halved or quartered, if large
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Smoked paprika, to taste
Place the potatoes in a large pot. Pour in enough salted cold water to cover by 2 inches. Bring to a boil over high heat. Boil until slightly softened, about 5 minutes. Drain and transfer to a large bowl. Toss with the lemon juice and let sit for 15 minutes.
Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
Add the oregano, parsley, olive oil, salt, and pepper to the potatoes and toss. Transfer to a shallow baking sheet and roast, stirring occasionally, until golden, about 35 minutes. Sprinkle the potatoes with the paprika. Serve hot.
Recipe courtesy of Sara Moulton, Sara Moulton Cooks at Home, Broadway Books, 2002
Recipe courtesy of Rachael Ray