Roasted Red Pepper Sauce (with Gnocchi)
- 1 (16-ounce) package refrigerated gnocchi
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 (6-ounce) jars roasted red peppers, drained
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 to 2/3 cup heavy cream, or to taste
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil leaves, plus more leaves torn for garnish
- Fresh lemon juice, to taste
- Chunk of Parmesan for grating
Bring large pot of salted water to a boil and cook the gnocchi according to the package instructions. Drain in a colander in the sink.
In a saucepan, heat oil over medium heat until hot, add garlic and cook, stirring, until golden. Add peppers, salt and pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes. Transfer to a processor or blender and puree. Return sauce to pan, add cream and bring to a simmer, stirring. Add basil, salt, pepper and few drops lemon juice, to taste.
In a large bowl, toss the gnocchi and sauce together. Divide among bowls, strew over some torn basil leaves, and grate some Parmesan over the top. Serve immediately.
Recipe courtesy of Georgia Downard