Blue Cheese Hamburgers
- 1 1/2 pounds ground chuck beef
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 eggs, beaten
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 6 ounces crumbled blue cheese
- 6 ounces unsalted cold butter, cut into small cubes, divided
- 1/4 cup canola oil, for frying
- 6 large potato rolls, or rolls of choice
- Iceberg lettuce
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- 1 red onion, sliced into rings
- Mustard, ketchup and mayonnaise, optional
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
In a large mixing bowl combine the beef, garlic, beaten eggs, and salt and pepper, to taste.
Divide the meat mixture into 6 round even patties. Press 1-ounce of blue cheese and 1-ounce of the cold butter into the center of the formed patty. Remold the patty so that all the cheese and butter are hidden inside the center. Continue until all the beef patties have been formed. Refrigerate for 10 to 15 minutes.
Pour the oil into a large skillet over medium-high. When the oil is smoking, add the beef patties and cook on both sides until golden brown. Remove to a sheet pan and roast in the preheated oven until desired doneness is reached, about 6 minutes. Cook's Note: They can be also cooked on a charcoal grill.