Buttermilk Marinated Deep-Fried Chicken Thighs
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- 4 boneless chicken thighs
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 cups buttermilk
- 1 liter canola, approximately, as needed for deep-frying
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, approximately, as needed for breading stage
- 3 to 5 eggs beaten, as needed for egg wash
- 3 cups cornmeal, approximately, as needed for breading stage
- 1 tablespoon paprika (you may need more if you use more cornmeal in breading)
Rinse chicken breasts and thighs to remove any residue and pat dry with paper towels. Season with salt and pepper and place in a nonreactive bowl. Pour buttermilk over, cover, and let marinate, preferably overnight, refrigerated, but at least 2 hours.
Heat oil in deep-fryer to 350 degrees F, or as directed in the manufacturer's instructions of your deep fryer for chicken pieces.
Set up your breading station: in separate bowls put flour; beaten eggs; and cornmeal which has been seasoned with the paprika and salt and pepper, to taste. Remove the chicken 1 piece at a time from the buttermilk and dredge in flour, allowing any excess flour to fall away. Dip the floured chicken in the egg wash and then coat with the cornmeal mixture. Deep-fry coated chicken pieces in batches until they are cooked through, about 13 to 20 minutes. (Use the manufacturer's instructions for your deep-fryer for basic reference for chicken pieces, then test the chicken see that it is fork tender.) Allow to drain on paper towels and serve.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Marinated Chicken Thighs, Yuzu and Mirin Marinated Grilled Chicken Thighs with Chinese Vegetable Fried Rice, Grilled Red Chile Buttermilk Chicken with Spicy Mango Honey Glaze, Fried Chicken Recipes, Chicken and Rice Recipes, Beef Stroganoff Recipes, Stuffed Pork Chops Recipes, Easy Main Dish, Jerk Chicken Recipes