Chilled Poached Salmon with Asian Slaw and Wasabi Aioli
- Salmon and marinade:
- 6 (4-ounce) czar-cut salmon fillets
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup sake
- 2 shallot cloves, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, lightly crushed with the side of a knife blade and minced
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 cup sesame oil
- 1/2 head napa cabbage, sliced chiffonade
- 1/4 cup dried seaweed
- 1 pint bean sprouts
- 1 (6-ounce) can bamboo shoots, drained, rinsed and cut chiffonade
- 2 leeks, white and tender green parts only, soaked in salt water to remove grit, and very thinly sliced
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 orange, juiced
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Wasabi aioli:
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon wasabi powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- Marinate salmon:
Season salmon with salt and pepper and place in a nonreactive container. Combine sake, shallot, garlic, sesame seed, and cilantro and pour over fish. Cover and marinate for 2 hours in the refrigerator.Make Asian slaw:
Prepare wasabi aioli by combining mayonnaise, wasabi powder, garlic powder, and lime juice and chill.
Heat sesame oil over low heat and poach salmon fillets until fish is just opaque. Drain on paper towels and bring to room temperature.
Arrange a bed of Asian slaw on serving plate, top with poached salmon and spoon a quenelle of wasabi aioli on fish.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Dad's Poached Salmon with Cucumber Sauce, Poached Salmon Mousse with Dill Sauce, Green Tea Poached Salmon with Ginger Lime Sauce, Garlic Chicken Recipes, Chicken Cordon Bleu Recipes, New York Strip Steak Recipes, Veal Chop Recipes, Christmas Dinner Recipes, Stuffed Pork Chops Recipes