- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated gingerroot
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 6 cups mixed greens
- 2 tomatoes diced
- 1 cup peeled and diced cucumber
- 1 cup sliced red onion
- 1/8 cup chopped fresh mint leaves
- 3/4 cup fresh picked cilantro leaves
Whisk all the vinaigrette ingredients together in a small bowl. Season, to taste, with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
In a salad bowl, combine all the salad ingredients. Add a little bit of the vinaigrette and toss to coat. Serve the remaining vinaigrette on the side.
If you want to make extra special add 1 cup pepper jack cheese or any cheese you like!
2009, Robert Irvine, All Rights Reserved
Recipe courtesy of Guy Fieri