Deviled Eggs with Apple Compote
- 8 eggs, hard boiled, cooled and peeled
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored, and diced small
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon-thyme or fresh mint leaves, very finely chopped
Cut each egg in half lengthwise. Transfer hard-boiled egg yolks to a mixing bowl. Melt butter in a saute pan, and gently cook apples and shallots until tender. Remove from heat and add parsley to apple mixture and let cool. Mix yolks with mayonnaise and mustard, and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Spoon apple mixture into empty hard boiled egg whites. Spoon egg mixture on top of apple. Garnish with lemon-thyme or fresh mint.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.