- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 large clove garlic, quartered
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 6 cups mixed mesclun greens, soaked in salt water to remove grit, dried in a salad spinner and torn into bite-sized pieces
- 1 cup kalamata olives, pitted
- 2 English cucumbers, peeled and sliced into 1/4-inch disks
- 1 cup cubed feta cheese
DirectionsFor the dressing:
Add the vinegar to a blender, replace the lid, turn it on, and through the feed tube add, 1 at a time, the garlic, crushed red pepper, salt, and black pepper. Leaving the blender running, add the olive oil in a slow thin stream. Set aside until needed.
Toss the greens, olives and cucumbers together with enough dressing to coat. Fold in the feta cheese. Serve additional dressing on the side.
2008, Robert Irvine, All Rights Reserved
Recipe courtesy of Tyler Florence