- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 large clove garlic, quartered
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 6 cups mixed mesclun greens, soaked in salt water to remove grit, dried in a salad spinner and torn into bite-sized pieces
- 1 cup kalamata olives, pitted
- 2 English cucumbers, peeled and sliced into 1/4-inch disks
- 1 cup cubed feta cheese
For the dressing:
Add the vinegar to a blender, replace the lid, turn it on, and through the feed tube add, 1 at a time, the garlic, crushed red pepper, salt, and black pepper. Leaving the blender running, add the olive oil in a slow thin stream. Set aside until needed.
Toss the greens, olives and cucumbers together with enough dressing to coat. Fold in the feta cheese. Serve additional dressing on the side.