Grilled Tuna Nicoise
- Chianti Glaze:
- 2 cups Chianti
- 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons grapeseed oil
- 6 (6 to 7-ounce) tuna steaks
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup diced tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons capers, drained
- 1/4 cup pitted kalamata olives
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 pound orzo pasta, cooked
- 1 cup spinach leaves
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup cooked and thinly sliced pancetta
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan
For the glaze: In a small saucepan over medium heat, cook the Chianti, vinegar, and sugar for 20 to 30 minutes, or until reduced by 80-percent total volume. Hold at room temperature.
For the tuna: Heat the oil in a large saute pan over high heat. Season the steaks with salt and pepper on both sides and add to the hot pan in 2 batches. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes. Flip the steaks, reduce the heat to medium-high, and cook for an additional 2 minutes. Remove the steaks from the pan and let rest for 5 minutes. Slice the steaks on the bias, 1-inch thick. Reserve the pan for the pasta.
For the pasta: Add the tomatoes, capers, olives, garlic, basil, and parsley to the pan and cook for 2 minutes. Add the orzo and spinach and cook for an additional minute. Remove from the heat and stir in the butter to finish the sauce.
To serve: Spoon the orzo onto plates, top with tuna, Parmesan, and pancetta, and drizzle with the Chianti glaze.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Grilled Tuna with Black Bean Chili, Avocados, and Fried Tortillas, Grilled Tuna with Black Bean Chili, Avocado Puree and Fried Tortillas, Seared Tuna with Napa Cabbage and Carrot Salad with Fried Wontons, Grilled Salmon Recipes, Tomato Salad Recipes, Grilled Pork Chop Recipes, Steak Salad Recipes, Asian Salad Recipes, Orzo Salad Recipes