Pan Seared Chicken, Strawberry Avocado Relish
- 1/4 cup grapeseed oil
- Four to six 8-ounce chicken breasts, skin on
- 1 tablespoon Cajun spice
- 4 tablespoons butter, at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon grapeseed oil
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1/3 cup small diced, blanched potatoes
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 cup strawberries, quartered
- 1/2 cup avocado, medium diced
- 1/2 cup grape tomatoes, quartered
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground white pepper
For the chicken: Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat with the oil; allow the skillet to warm. During this time, sprinkle both sides of the chicken with the seasoning. Add the chicken to the heated oil, skin side first. Allow the chicken to sear on the skin side for 3 to 4 minutes, then reduce the heat to medium and continue to cook for 2 minutes. Flip and repeat the process for 4 to 5 minutes, then finish the chicken in the oven until it reaches 160 degrees F internally. Once cooked, remove the chicken from skillet and allow to rest. Then add the butter and stir into the pan sauce.
For the relish: Over medium heat, warm a saute pan and the oil. Then add the onions and potatoes, cooking for 2 minutes. Next, add the vinegar and lemon juice, then cook to reduce the liquid for 1 minute. After reducing, add the strawberries, avocado, tomatoes, salt and pepper, and cook for final 1 minute. Remove and portion to platter or plates. Place the chicken atop the relish to serve and finish with butter sauce.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.