Panko Crusted Salmon and Corn Chickpea Salad
- 1/2 cup white balsamic vinegar
- 1 lemon, juiced
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup chickpeas, well rinsed in cool water and drained
- 1 cup corn kernel, fresh roasted or canned
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup diced English cucumber
- 1/2 cup shredded romaine tops
- 1 red onion, julienne
- Six 4- to 5-ounce salmon portions, skin off
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- Flour, for coating
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 1/2 cups panko
- 2 tablespoons grapeseed oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
For the salad: In a large bowl, mix together the vinegar, lemon juice and some salt and pepper with a whisk. Add the chickpeas, corn, tomatoes, cucumber, lettuce and onions. Toss with a spoon to coat ingredients. Hold in the refrigerator until the salmon is prepared.
For the salmon: Sprinkle the salmon portions with the salt, white pepper and ginger. Dip the presentation side of the salmon in some flour, and shake off the excess. Then dip the same side of salmon in the egg wash. After the egg wash, dip the salmon in panko to finish the crust.
In a saute pan over medium-high heat, warm the oil for 1 minute. Once the oil is warm, place the breaded side down in the pan and cook until golden brown, 3 minutes. Once browned, flip and finish, 3 to 4 minutes. Then remove, sprinkle with parsley and serve.