Renegade Pork with Mango Ginger Rub
- 1 large orange, zest grated and juiced
- 1 large lemon, zest grated and juiced
- 1 mango, peeled, cut away from the pit and finely diced into a strainer set over a bowl to collect and reserve the juice
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger root, (about a 1-ounce, 1 to 1 1/2-inch piece), peeled
- 1 large clove garlic, mashed
- 1 shallot, finely minced
- 1/4 cup cracked black pepper
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1 (3 to 4-pound) pork loin
- Pork and sauce:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup white wine
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons very finely minced rosemary leaves
In a small bowl, combine orange zest, lemon zest, 2 tablespoons of the mango (reserving the rest), ginger root, garlic, shallot, cracked pepper, and salt. Add about 1 teaspoon each of the orange juice, lemon juice and mango juice to make a paste (adjust amount of juice up or down as needed without making it too watery), reserving the rest of the juice for the sauce . Rub the paste into the entire surface of the pork loin and let sit for 2 hours.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a large skillet with oven safe handles, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat and sear the pork loin on all sides. Cover with foil and roast in the oven until fork tender, about 45 minutes to 1 hour. Remove pork loin to a utility platter or carving board to let rest. To the juices in the pan, add the white wine and reduce by half, then add the reserved orange juice, lemon juice, mango juice, and reserved mango and allow to reduce and thicken. Add salt and pepper, to taste.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.