- Cooking spray
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, sliced crosswise into 1/2-inch thick slices
- 8 to 12 scallions
- Wooden picks
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons dark sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger or ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoons sesame seeds, to garnish
Coat an outdoor grill or stove-top grill pan with cooking spray and preheat to medium- high.
Lay out 3 chicken strips, about 1/2-inch apart. Place a scallion crosswise over the center of the chicken pieces. Then wrap chicken over scallion 1 by 1, securing with a toothpick. Repeat process until you have used 1 pound of chicken.
Season and grill the remaining 1 pound chicken breasts for another meal later in the week.
In a small bowl, whisk together soy sauce, honey, sesame oil, ginger, and garlic powder. Reserve half a cup of the marinade to use as a dipping sauce. Brush the remaining marinade all over the chicken-scallion skewers.
Grill kebabs 5 to 7 minutes turning occasionally until the chicken is cooked through.
Garnish the reserved dipping sauce with sesame seeds and serve alongside skewers.
2006, Robin Miller, All Rights Reserved
Recipe courtesy of Emeril Lagasse