Citrus Grilled Shrimp over Greens
- 1 pound large raw shrimp, peeled and deveined (leave tail on for presentation)
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon finely grated lime zest from 1 lime, reserve lime
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Metal or wooden skewers
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh chives
- 6 cups mixed lettuces (any combination Romaine, Bibb, endive, or baby greens)
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
Zest lime, then slice in half and place on grill.
In a small bowl, whisk together orange juice, lime juice, oil, mustard, lime zest, salt, and black pepper. Remove 3 tablespoons of citrus mixture and brush all over shrimp (reserve remaining mixture to use as a vinaigrette for the greens). Grill shrimp 3 minutes on 1 side. Flip and cook 1 to 3 more minutes, until shrimp are bright pink and cooked through.
Add thyme and chives to reserved citrus mixture. Arrange lettuce on individual plates. Top lettuce with tomatoes and grilled shrimp. Spoon reserved citrus vinaigrette over top, squeeze juice from grilled lime and serve.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Grilled Shrimp and Green Papaya Salad, Grilled Citrus and Herb Extra-Jumbo Shrimp in Their Shells, Saute of Shrimp over Fried Green Tomatoes with Warm Remoulade Sauce, Shrimp Scampi Recipes, Coconut Shrimp Recipes, Shrimp Recipes, Easy Grilling Recipes, Shrimp Creole Recipes, Grilled Vegetable Recipes