Garlic and Herb Cheese-Glazed Sirloin and Orzo Salad with Fennel, Tomatoes and Oregano
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 4 boneless sirloin steaks
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 ounces garlic and herb soft cheese (recommended: Boursin)
- 1/4 cup vermouth
- 1 pound cooked orzo
- 1 fennel bulb, diced
- 1 cup diced fresh tomatoes
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped oregano leaves
- 1/4 cup sherry vinegar
Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Season steaks with salt and pepper and add to hot pan. Cook 3 to 5 minutes per side for medium. Remove steaks from pan and set aside. To the same pan, add cheese and vermouth. Simmer 2 minutes, until cheese melts and creates a sauce, scraping up any brown bits from the pan and incorporating them into the sauce. Spoon sauce over steaks just before serving.
To make the salad, in a large bowl, combine cooked orzo, fennel, tomatoes, oregano, vinegar, and remaining olive oil. Toss to combine and season, to taste, with salt and black pepper.