- Cooking spray
- 12 ounces cooked chicken, cut into 1-inch cubes (about 3 cups)
- 1 cup sour cream (regular or low-fat)
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese (regular or low-fat), divided
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar (regular or low-fat), divided
- 1/2 cup mild, medium or hot salsa
- 1 (4-ounce) can chopped green chiles
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 teaspoon ground chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper, or to taste
- 8 (6-inch) corn tortillas, cut into 6 wedges
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Coat an 11 by 7-inch baking pan with cooking spray.
Arrange half of the tortilla pieces in the bottom of prepared pan, overlapping pieces slightly to cover the surface. Top with half of the chicken mixture and smooth over with the back of a spoon to even the top. Layer remaining tortillas over top, and spoon over remaining chicken mixture. Top with remaining 1/4 cup each of Monterey Jack and cheddar cheeses.
Cover with foil and bake 30 minutes. Uncover and bake 30 more minutes, until top is golden and bubbly. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
To reheat, bake in a preheated 375 degree F oven for 15 minutes.
Copyright 2005, Robin Miller, All Rights Reserved