Orzo Salad with Giardiniera and Sun-dried Tomato Vinaigrette
- Total Time:
- 23 min
- 15 min
- 8 min
- 4 servings
- 1 1/2 cups orzo or any small pasta
- 1 cup chopped oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 cups giardiniera garden vegetable mix, drained
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Cook the pasta according to the package directions. Drain and transfer to a large bowl.
Meanwhile, in a blender or food processor, combine the tomatoes, broth, vinegar, garlic, and oregano and process until smooth. Add this to the pasta and toss to combine. Stir in the giardiniera and basil and toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper.
Serve warm, at room temperature, or chilled.
Recipe courtesy of Robin Miller, 2006