- 1 pound uncooked rotelle pasta (or any spiral shape)
- Puttanesca Sauce:*
- 2 teaspoons olive or vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 (28-ounce) cans crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup pitted Greek (kalamata) olives, halved
- 3 tablespoons drained capers
- 2 teaspoons anchovy paste
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup red wine, optiona)
- 4 tablespoons grated Parmesan
*Cooks note: this amount of sauce makes enough for 3 pasta meals and enough for 4 Quick Fix dinners based on pasta puttanesca. If you are only making this recipe, the extra sauce can be frozen for up to 3 months.
Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain, transfer to a large bowl and cover with foil to keep warm.
Meanwhile, heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and garlic and saute 2 minutes. Add tomatoes, olives, capers, anchovy paste, salt, and red pepper flakes and stir to combine. Add the wine and bring mixture to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes.
Pour 2 cups of mixture over pasta and toss to combine. Top with Parmesan. Refrigerate or freeze remaining sauce until ready to use.
Copyright 2005, Robin Miller, All Rights Reserved