Sesame-Ginger Pork with Soba Noodles
- 8 ounces soba noodles or whole-wheat spaghetti
- 4 teaspoons toasted sesame oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon minced pickled ginger
- 1 (1 1/4-pound) pork tenderloin, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 scallions (green and white parts), chopped
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 cup sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
Meanwhile, heat the remaining 2 teaspoons oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the ginger and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Increase the heat to medium-high; add the pork, and cook, stirring, until browned on all sides, about 5 minutes total. Add the salt and pepper and stir to coat the pork. Add the scallions and sesame seeds and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add the broth and soy sauce reduce heat to medium, and simmer until the pork is cooked through, about 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in the water chestnuts.
If you're stopping here:
Let cool to room temperature, then transfer the mixture to a large zip-top plastic bag or plastic container and refrigerate along with the bag of noodles for up to 3 days.
When you're ready to eat:
Combine the pork mixture and soba noodles in a large skillet set over medium heat and simmer for 5 minutes to heat through. You can also reheat the noodles and pork mixture together in the microwave for 3 to 5 minutes on HIGH. Meanwhile, chop the cilantro.
Remove from the heat, stir in the cilantro, and serve.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Pork Chops with Brandied Cherry Sauce and Zucchini with Walnuts, Hickory-Smoked Pork Chops with Braised Greens and Green Onion Rice Pilaf, Stuffed Pork Chops, Easy Main Dish, Pork Rib Recipes, Garlic Chicken Recipes, Easy Baking, Stuffed Pork Chops Recipes, Roasted Chicken Recipes