- 2 cups sliced onions
- 2 apples, peeled, cored and sliced
- 2 pounds cut up chicken pieces (with bone), with or without skin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary leaves
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup cream of celery soup
- 2 cups cooked rice (white or brown)
Arrange onion and apple slices in bottom of slow cooker. Place chicken pieces on top and season all over with salt and black pepper. Sprinkle rosemary over chicken.
In a medium bowl, whisk together chicken broth and soup. Pour mixture over chicken.
Cover and cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours or on HIGH for 3 to 4 hours.