- 1 cup rice, regular or instant
- 1/2 (14-ounce) can black beans, drained
- 1/2 cup prepared salsa
- 1/2 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
In a medium sauce pot, cook rice according to package instructions. When the rice is half way cooked, add black beans, salsa, and cook about 10 minutes for regular rice and 3 minutes for instant rice .Continue cooking rice. Remove the pot, using a spoon, stir in chopped cilantro and season, to taste, with salt and black pepper.