- 2 1/2 pounds top round or London broil
- 1/2 cup light soy sauce
- 1/4 cup canola oil, plus more for grill
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- Special equipment: 24 bamboo skewers, soaked in water 20 minutes
Slice the beef against the grain into 1/2-inch wide strips and place into a large resealable bag. In a bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, oil, lime juice, brown sugar, garlic and ginger. Pour the marinade into the bag over the beef. Seal the bag and toss to coat completely. Place the bag into a large bowl and put into the refrigerator to marinate for at least 1 hour or as long as overnight.
To serve: Preheat a grill or grill pan over medium-high heat. Thread 24 of the beef strips onto the skewers. Oil the grill gates and place the beef on the grill. If desired, reserve the remaining beef strips and marinade for another use, such as Round 2 Recipe Beef and Cabbage Stir Fry. Cook the skewers 2 to 3 minute per side. Remove from the heat, place on a serving platter and sprinkle with the scallions. Serve immediately.
Recipe copyright Sandra Lee, 2011
Recipe courtesy of Bobby Flay