- 1 cup merlot wine
- 2 packages (17 ounces) beef tips with gravy (recommended: Hormel)
- 2 teaspoons steak seasoning
- 2 teaspoons cracked black peppercorns
- 1 box (8 ounces) frozen artichoke hearts, thawed
- 1 box (8 ounces) frozen petite peas with pearl onions, thawed
- Basil Mashed Potatoes, recipe follows
In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, bring the wine to a boil. Reduce the liquid by half, about 8 to 10 minutes. Add the beef tips, steak seasoning, and peppercorns Bring to simmer and cook for 5 minutes. Stir in the artichokes and peas and cook until heated through, about 4 more minutes. Serve hot. with Basil Mashed Potatoes.
Basil Mashed Potatoes:
- 1 container (24 ounces) home-style mashed potatoes (recommended: Country Crock)
- 1 tablespoon prepared pesto
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, finely chopped
Remove the plastic from the mashed potatoes. Microwave uncovered on high setting for 3 minutes. Remove from the microwave and stir. Return to microwave and cook for an additional 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in the pesto and chopped fresh basil. Serve hot.