Blackberry and Herb Filet Mignon
- 4 (8-ounce) filet mignon medallions
- 1 (1.06-ounce) packet herb marinade mix (recommended: McCormick Grill Mates)
- 1 tablespoon herbs de Provence
- 1/3 cup cognac
- 3 tablespoons black and raspberry vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup frozen blackberries, thawed
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Fresh blackberries, for garnish
In large zip-top bag, combine all ingredients, except butter and fresh blackberries. Squeeze out air and seal bag. Massage bag until well combined and marinade mix is dissolved. Marinate in refrigerator 6 to 8 hours. Remove filets from refrigerator 30 minutes before cooking.
Melt butter in heavy-bottomed, or cast iron, skillet over medium-high heat.
Remove steaks from marinade and sear for 3 to 5 minutes per side.
Serve hot, topped with pan juices and fresh blackberry garnish.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Crab and Shiitake-Stuffed Filet Mignon with Diver Scallops Wrapped in Peruvian Purple Potato Nets and Bearnaise Sauce, Blackberry-White Chocolate Fool with Toasted Hazelnuts, Cranberry-Blackberry Relish, Main Dish, Beef Stroganoff Recipes, Burrito Recipes, Cast Iron Skillet Recipes, Easy Brunch, Easy Pasta