Brioche and Pumpkin Pudding Trifle
- 2 boxes instant vanilla pudding mix
- 3 cups milk
- 1 (15-ounce) can pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin spice
- 1 loaf brioche, cut into small cubes
- 1/4 cup French herbal liqueur (recommended: B and B or Benedictine)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup butterscotch chips
In a medium bowl whisk together the pudding mix, cold milk, pumpkin puree and pumpkin pie spice. Whisk for 2 minutes until the pudding thickens, set aside.
Meanwhile, place the brioche cubes in a shallow bowl. Pour liqueur over the top and let soak for 2 to 3 minutes.
In a small bowl combined sour cream, honey and cinnamon. Mix until well blended.
In a trifle dish, layer half of the brioche, then half pudding, then remaining brioche and remaining pudding so that you have 2 layers of each. Top with a dollop of the sour cream mixture and sprinkle with butterscotch chips.
Recipe courtesy of Sandra Lee
Recipe courtesy of Robert Irvine
Recipe courtesy of Tyler Florence