Catfish Sandwiches with Cajun Remoulade
- 1 1/2 pounds catfish fillets, rinsed and patted dry
- 1 box (8.5-ounce) corn muffin mix
- 2 tablespoons Cajun seasoning
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- Canola oil, for frying
- 1 scallion, finely chopped
- 1 1/4 cups mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon capers, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed garlic
- 2 1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 loaf store-bought garlic bread, baked per package directions
- Butter lettuce
- Sliced tomatoes
- Sliced red onions
Cut catfish fillets in half; set aside.
In a pie dish or plate, combine corn muffin mix and Cajun seasoning; set aside. In a pie dish lightly beat egg with 1 tablespoon water to make egg wash; set aside.
Dredge each catfish fillet in the flour; dip into egg wash and coat with corn muffin mixture. Set aside on a plate.
In a deep-fryer or large pot heat oil over medium to medium-high heat to 375 degrees F. Fry catfish until golden brown, about 6 minutes. Remove to plate lined with paper towels.Cajun Remoulade:
In a small bowl, stir together all ingredients. Set aside.Sandwiches:
Spread warm garlic bread with remoulade sauce. Build sandwiches with fried catfish and remaining ingredients.