Champagne Poached Chicken with Grape Salad
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 large shallot, finely chopped
- 1 (750-ml) bottle Champagne
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped parsley leaves, plus more for garnish
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken breasts, boneless, skinless, rinsed and patted dry
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon white sauce mix (recommended: Knorr)
- Grape Salad, recipe follows
- Grape Salad:
- 1 cup coarsely chopped red seedless grapes
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped parsley leaves
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 scallions, sliced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
In a large straight sided frying pan melt butter over medium-high heat. Add shallots and saute until soft, about 2 minutes.
Add Champagne, parsley and lemon juice to pan. Bring to a boil then reduce heat to a simmer.
Slide chicken into Champagne mixture and poach 15 minutes, turning once. (Use an instant-read thermometer to be sure the internal temperature is 165 degrees F.) Remove chicken with a slotted spoon to a plate; set aside.
Ladle 1/2 cup of poaching liquid into a small pot over medium heat. Add cream and bring to just under a boil. Reduce heat and simmer. Whisk in white sauce mix. Simmer 1 minute, stirring constantly.
To serve chicken, spoon sauce over top and garnish with parsley and grape salad.Grape Salad:
Combine all ingredients in medium bowl; mix well. Season, to taste, with salt and pepper Use as garnish for poached chicken.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Poached Chicken and Vegetables with Couscous, Herb Poached Chicken with Olive Salsa over Basmati Rice, Champagne Poached Scallops with Red Pepper Pesto, Orange Chicken Recipes, Sweet And Sour Chicken Recipes, Easy Main Dish, Smoked Pork Recipes, Chicken Piccata Recipes, Baked Chicken Recipes