Chicken Cutlet Sandwich with Herb Mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 pounds bone-in chicken breast
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Canola oil, for brushing chicken
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon spicy brown mustard
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced (reserve the juice for the Blueberry Scones recipe)
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley leaves
- Fennel fronds from 1 bulb, chopped
- 1 baguette, about 16-inches long
- 1/2 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 small head lettuce, shredded
Heat the grill or a grill pan over medium-high heat. Remove the skin from the chicken and remove the bones. Slice the breast diagonally across to make 4 thin pieces. Pound the chicken lightly between 2 pieces of plastic wrap. Season the cutlets with salt and pepper, to taste, and brush them with a little oil. Grill the cutlets until cooked through, about 4 to 5 minutes per side. Remove from the pan and let cool.
Put the mayonnaise into a bowl along with the mustard, lemon zest, parsley, and fennel fronds and whisk to combine. Check the seasoning and add salt, and pepper, to taste. Cut the baguette in half lengthwise. Spread the herb mayonnaise on the bottom half. Top with the chicken, onions, and lettuce. Spread the remaining mayonnaise on the other half and put it on top. Cut the sandwich into 4 pieces and wrap well in waxed paper or plastic wrap.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Chicken Cutlet Sandwich, Chicken Sandwiches with Brie, Shaved Granny Smith Apple and Dijon-Balsamic Reduction on Toasted Challah, Rolled Chicken Sandwich with Arugula and Parsley Aioli, Sesame Chicken Recipes, Oven Fried Chicken Recipes, Chicken, Sweet And Sour Chicken Recipes, Grilled Chicken Recipes, Chicken Curry Recipes