- 4 cups canola oil
- 1 cup leftover cornbread batter from "Chili Topped Corn Bites" recipe
- 3/4 cup leftover chili from "Chili Topped Corn Bites" recipe
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
Spicy Sour Cream Dipping Sauce:
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped chives
- 1/2 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce (recommended: Tabasco)
Heat the oil, in a heavy-bottomed pot over medium-high heat, to 360 degrees F.
In a large bowl, mix together the cornbread batter, chili, parsley and baking powder until thoroughly combined.
Working in batches, so to not over crowd the oil, drop the batter by heaping tablespoons into the hot oil. Fry until golden brown, about 4 to 5 minutes. Remove from the oil to a plate lined with a paper bag or paper towels, to drain. Transfer to a serving platter and serve with the Spicy Sour Cream Dipping Sauce:
For Spicy Sour Cream Dipping Sauce:
Add all the ingredients to a small bowl and stir until well combined.