Cool Couscous Salad
- 1 (10-ounce) box instant couscous
- 6 ounces marinated artichoke heart quarters - drain and reserve liquid
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced on a diagonal
- 1 (15-ounce) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 large cucumber, peeled, seeded and cut into large dice
- 1/2 cup loosely packed mint leaves, roughly torn
- 1 store bought roast chicken
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Pinch cayenne pepper
Make the couscous according to the directions. Uncover and fluff with a fork. Transfer the couscous to a large bowl and let cool.
To the couscous, add the artichoke quarters, cherry tomatoes, scallion, chickpeas, cucumber and mint.
Remove the breasts from the roast chicken - reserve the rest of the chicken for another use. Remove skin and cut the breasts into small pieces. Add the chicken to the couscous.
In a small bowl, whisk together the reserved lemon juice, olive oil and the reserved artichoke liquid. Season with salt, pepper, and a little cayenne pepper, to taste. Pour this dressing over the couscous mixture and toss lightly to combine.
Recipe courtesy Sandra Lee