French Pork Chops
- 1 (14-ounce) bag frozen sliced carrots
- 1 (8-ounce) package sliced fresh button mushrooms
- 1 (15-ounce) can whole peeled tomatoes (recommended: Muir Glen)
- 1 (15-ounce) can cannellini beans, drained (recommended: Progresso)
- 4 boneless, thick-cut, pork loin chops, rinsed and patted dry
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon herbs de Provence, divided
- 1 (10 3/4-ounce) can condensed cream of potato soup (recommended: Campbell's)
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 3 tablespoons dry sherry (recommended: Christian Stockers)
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 3 tablespoons seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped parsley leaves
Combine carrots, mushrooms, tomatoes, and beans in the bottom of a 5-quart slow cooker.
Season pork chops with salt, pepper, and 1 tablespoon of herbs de Provence. Place in slow cooker on top of vegetables.
Cover and cook on low setting for 4 to 6 hours.
In a saute pan over medium-high heat, melt butter. When butter is melted and foam subsides, add bread crumbs and stir constantly until toasted. Serve pork chops and vegetables sprinkled with bread crumbs and parsley.
Recipe courtesy of Sandra Lee, 2007