Mocha Chip Scones
- 1/4 cup brewed coffee (recommended: Folgers Gourmet Supreme Roast Coffee), double strength, cooled
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten separately
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 1/2 cups baking mix
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup white baking chips
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream
- White decorating sugar or sanding sugar
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
In a small bowl, combine coffee, cream, 1 egg, and vanilla extract; set aside.
In a large mixing bowl, combine baking mix, sugar, white baking, and chocolate chips.
Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and work into a crumbly dough. On a lightly floured surface, form dough into a 9-inch disk (approximately 1/2-inch thick). Cut into 12 wedges and place on ungreased cookie sheet. Set aside.
In a small bowl, combine 1 tablespoon cream and remaining beaten egg. Brush tops of scones with egg mixture and sprinkle with sanding sugar.
Bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm with butter!
Recipe courtesy of Sandra Lee