Mocha-nut Cream Cups
- 1/2 (15-ounce) box refrigerated pie crust, thawed
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 can light coconut milk
- 4 teaspoons instant espresso powder
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract
- 2 (1-ounce) boxes cheesecake flavored sugar-free instant pudding
- 1 cup sweetened flake coconut, plus 1/3 cup toasted coconut, for garnish
- Whipped topping, for garnish
Unroll pie crust. With a 3 1/4-inch round cutter (or an 8 ounce pineapple can with the top and bottom removed), cut out 6 rounds. Form rounds over the back of prepared muffin cups to make dessert cups. Prick cups lightly with a fork. Bake in preheated oven for 8 to 10 minutes or until golden. Remove from oven; set aside to cool.
While dessert cups are baking, add cream, coconut milk, instant espresso powder, and coconut extract to a small mixing bowl. Stir to combine. Sprinkle instant pudding mix over cream mixture and with an electric hand mixer on low speed beat until medium stiff beaks form; about 6 minutes. Fold in half of the coconut until combined.
Spoon pudding mixture into cooled dessert cups. Top with a dollop of whipped topping and sprinkle with toasted coconut.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.