- 1 (1-pound) box rigatoni
- 1 baby Italian eggplant, sliced in 1/2-inch thick discs
- 1 zucchini, sliced in 1/2 lengthwise
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, quartered, cored and seeds removed
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
Preheat a grill or grill pan over medium-high heat.
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add pasta and cook until al dente about 8 minutes. Drain and set aside.
Lightly brush all sides of each vegetable with the 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Place on the grill or grill pan, season with salt and pepper and grill for 3 minutes per side. Transfer to a cutting board and cut all the vegetables into bite-size pieces.
Add remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil to a large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and red pepper flakes and saute for 1 minute. Stir in the pasta, add the chopped vegetables and toss.
Transfer to a serving dish and serve immediately.