Roasted Chile Guacamole with Baked Tortilla Chips
- Baked Tortilla Chips:
- Cooking spray
- 3 sun-dried tomato basil tortilla wraps
- 3 garden spinach herb tortilla wraps
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup frozen chopped onion, thawed
- 2 cups frozen no-salt added petite peas, thawed
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 (1-ounce) packet guacamole seasoning mix
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1/2 cup diced tomatoes with no-salt added
- 1 cup chopped avocado
- 1 (7-ounce) can fire roasted diced green chiles
- For tortillas chips:
DirectionsFor tortillas chips:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray; set aside.
On a cutting board, stack 3 tortillas and using a sharp knife, cut into 8 wedges (like a pie). Repeat with remaining tortillas. Separate any that may stick together. Place on baking sheet, evenly spaced. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until golden. Remove and let cool.For guacamole:
Remove from heat and let cool.
Pour cooled pea mixture into a large bowl. Add avocado and mash with a fork or potato masher. Strain tomatoes and add to bowl with green chiles. Mix until blended.
Serve with baked chips.
Recipe courtesy Sandra Lee, 2008
Recipe courtesy of Bobby Flay
Recipe courtesy of Food Network Kitchen