Roasted Turkey Breast with Spicy Herb Oil
- 1 (13-pound) frozen turkey, thawed
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh sage
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chile powder
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup chicken broth
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Remove the legs, thighs, and wings from the turkey (reserve for Round Two Recipe).
In a bowl, stir together the oil, rosemary, sage, thyme, garlic powder, chile powder, red pepper flakes, and salt and pepper. Drizzle a spoonful of the herb oil under the skin of the turkey and rub into the breast. Spoon the remaining herb oil on the outside of the turkey breast and rub into the skin.
Pour the broth into the bottom of the roasting pan fitted with a rack. Place the turkey breast onto the rack and roast in the oven for 55 to 60 minutes. Increase the oven temperature to 450 degrees F and cook until the skin is browned and a thermometer inserted in the thickest part reads 165 degrees F, 15 to 20 minutes. Let rest for 15 minutes before carving so the temperature rises to 180 degrees F.
Recipe courtesy Sandra Lee
Recipe courtesy of Tyler Florence