Round 2 Recipe - Beef and Bean Burritos
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 medium red onion, chopped, divided
- 2 cups reserved No Bean Beef Chili
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 4 large flour tortillas
- Reserved 1/2 head cabbage, from Grilled Tex-Mex Pork Chops, shredded
- Reserved 1/2 can diced tomatoes, from Grilled Tex-Mex Pork Chops
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack, divided
In a small pot over medium-high heat, add the oil. When it is hot, add the half the onions and cook until soft, 6 to 8 minutes. Add the No Bean Beef Chili and the beans. Stir and cook until hot.
Wrap the tortillas in a damp towel and microwave for 30 seconds to make them warm and pliable.
In a bowl, mix together the cabbage, tomatoes, remaining onions, and cilantro. Season with salt and pepper.
Place a tortilla on your work surface and spread 1/4 of the chili and bean mixture down the middle. Sprinkle with 1/4 cup cheese and about 1/4 cup of the cabbage mixture. Fold the sides of the tortilla about 1/4 of the way in towards the center. Roll up from the bottom, making sure to tuck in the sides as you roll. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
Recipe courtesy Sandra Lee
Recipe courtesy of Sandra Lee