Round 2 Recipe - Chicken Tacos with Cucumber Salsa
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 small red onion, chopped, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- Reserved shredded thigh chicken from Chicken Sliders with Spicy BBQ Mayo
- Reserved cucumber from Shrimp Stuffed Cucumber Cups, chopped
- Reserved tomatoes from Shrimp Stuffed Cucumber Cups
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro leaves
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Reserved cabbage from Chicken Sliders with Spicy BBQ Mayo
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
Heat the canola oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add half of the onion and cook for 3 minutes until softened. Add the red pepper flakes and chili powder and cook for another 2 minutes. Add the chicken and cook until it is heated through.
For the salsa, in a bowl mix together the cucumber, tomatoes, the remaining onion, cilantro, and salt and pepper, to taste.
Remove the outer leaves of the cabbage to use as the shells for the taco. Shred the inner portion of the cabbage and set aside. Add some of the shredded cabbage to the cabbage leaves. Top with some of the chicken mixture, salsa and 2 teaspoons of sour cream. Arrange on a serving platter and serve.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Online Round 2 Recipe - Grilled Chicken and Apple Wraps, Round 2 Recipe - Cajun Quesadillas, Online Round 2 Recipe - Cheesy Hot Dog Scramble, Sesame Chicken Recipes, Turkey Breast Recipes, Chicken and Dumpling Recipes, Chicken Alfredo Recipes, Chicken Breast Recipes, Easy Appetizer Recipes