Round 2 Recipe - Ham and Cheese Croquettes
- 1 cup baking mix
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 large egg, beaten
- Reserved deli ham from Ham and Cheese Spirals recipe, chopped
- Reserved Cheddar from Ham and Cheese Spirals recipe, chopped
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh chopped thyme leaves
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups canola oil, for frying
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
DirectionsWatch how to make this recipe
In a high sided skillet over medium-high heat, add the oil and heat it to 365 degrees F.
In a shallow baking dish or pie plate spread out the bread crumbs and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Using a small cookie scoop or tablespoon measure, scoop out rounds of dough and drop them into the bread crumbs. Roll the dough around to coat them completely. Drop the croquettes, 5 or 6 at a time, into the hot oil and fry until deep golden brown, about 3 minutes. Remove from the oil and drain on brown paper or paper towels. Arrange them on a serving platter and serve warm.
Recipe courtesy of Sandra Lee